Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies/TV Shows
Full disclosure: Not my favorite Top Ten Tuesday topic. I’ve been disappointed time and time again with on-screen adaptations of my favorite books. At the same time, I keep going to see them so…ever hopeful I guess. I’ll list the book and then in parentheses whether I think it’d work better as a movie or TV show.
1) Any of Sarah Dessen’s books (movie) – I liked “How to Deal” pretty good, but I would like for one of her books to be made into a movie all by itself.
2) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (movie) – Her characters are already so real and it’d just be fun to see them on-screen (you’d definitely need to get the RIGHT cast though).
3) Instructions for a Broken Heart by Kim Culbertson (movie) – I think this movie would have a fun foreign feel and it’d be a light, feel-good movie.
4) Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (movie or TV) – This is already in the works, but it NEEDS TO HAPPEN.
5) Any of Jennifer E Smith’s books (movie) – Just so much love.
6) Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan (TV) – This book has really interesting characters so I think it would be fun to see it play out on-screen.
7) The Looking Glass Wars trilogy by Frank Beddor (TV) – Awesome story and I think there’d be a lot of cool possibilities.
8) To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han (movie) – I liked this book and it’d be cool to get some Asian actresses out there.
9) Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson (movie) – A steel city would look awesome on the big screen. The movie would have lots of action as well as some comic relief…it’d be awesome.
10) Fire & Flood series by Victoria Scott (movie or TV) – I know this series isn’t the MOST original thing and I know I didn’t LOVE the books, but I do love the idea of the Pandoras. It would be so awesome to see the Pandoras in action.
Agree/disagree with any of my selections? How do you personally feel about film adaptations?