Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
Favorite Couples In Books
1) Iseult and Aeduan from the Witchlands series by Susan Dennard
I just finished Bloodwitch and I love these two together! They will find each other no matter what. I believe it.
2) Cress and Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
These two are so sweet together! I love every scene that involves them in the series.
3) Macy and Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Wes was probably my first big bookish crush. I love their dynamic at Wish Catering and their entire truth game.
4) Kaz and Inej from the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo
These two are so low-key, but there’s also so much underlying tension–so good.
5) Lupin and Tonks from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
6) Karou and Akiva from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor
This is an ultimate Romeo and Juliet type relationship. They’re up against so much opposition, but their love is so pure.
7) Khalila and Dario from The Great Library series by Rachel Caine
Even though these two aren’t the “main” couple of the series, I still love their relationship. I love that Dario is so protective of Khalila and she lets him even though everyone knows, she doesn’t need protecting.
8) Amy and Roger from Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Cute couple on a road trip! Such a good slow burn romance.
9) Bailey and Porter from Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
I don’t really know why I loved this book so much, but I did. Bailey and Porter have a great hate-to-love type thing going, but actually they just like each other the whole time.
10) Kitty and John Ambrose McClaren from the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series by Jenny Han
Okay, so I know this couple doesn’t actually exist, but just listen. Lara Jean clearly does not deserve John Ambrose even though he is literally the most perfect boy ever. She would obviously be upset if Kitty started dating him, but Kitty wouldn’t care. She would appreciate John Ambrose’s perfectness and John Ambrose would appreciate Kitty’s spunk. Plz Jenny Han let this be a thing.
Who are some of your favorite bookish couples? Do you disagree with any of my picks?
Recommended from this post: