I can’t believe August is over already! It seems like we just moved to California last week, but we’ve actually been here for almost three months. As I’ve been seeing everyone’s back-to-school/end of summer vacation social media posts, I’ve realized that we’re in a super interesting time of life where our summer vacation doesn’t really end? We don’t have any kids in school yet and we’re not in school anymore either. The weather will get cooler but like…we’re in California so it’s not going to get that cold. My husband has been working full-time all summer and he’s going to continue to do that…things just aren’t really changing for us like they are for everyone else. We can still go do summery, outside things basically as long as we want. Anyway, unrelated to book things but it was an interesting realization that I had.
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo (buddy read with Audrey Writes Abroad) – Read, review coming
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He – Read, review coming
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach – Read, review coming
- Color Me In by Natasha Diaz [ARC] – DNF 43%
- Crown of Coral and Pearl by Mara Rutherford [ARC] – Read and reviewed
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte – Read and reviewed
- Flavia de Luce mysteries by Alan Bradley – Finished listening to #6 and #7, currently listening to #8
- Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz – Finished listening
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – Finished listening
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling – Finished listening
- Runaways vol 2: Best Friends Forever by Rainbow Rowell – Finished
- Runaways vol 3: That Was Yesterday by Rainbow Rowell – Finished
- Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills – Read, review coming
- Good Talk: A Memoir in Conversations by Mira Jacob – Finished
Books finished this month: 14 with 1 DNF
Books currently reading: 1
Well, would you look at that! I actually managed to complete my TBR and then some this month! Way to go me!
A couple other things real quick, I finished my Goodreads Reading Goal this month! I had no idea how this year was going to go (especially with last year being a bit of a dud reading year) so I set my goal to 70. Luckily, I’ve exceeded my expectations! My new goal for the year is 100. Second, I’m working on a TBR weeding project. I’m going alphabetically and I’m trying to just take one letter at a time, figuring out what I want to keep on my TBR and what can go. So you’ll see my TBR count going down significantly and that’s why.
TBR at the beginning of the year = 383
TBR at the beginning of August = 469
Books added to TBR = 8
Books read/deleted from TBR = 65
Total on TBR now = 412