Okay, so I’ve done this for the first two movies so I figured I should be consistent and do the last movie as well (first movie, second movie). As a disclaimer, I have always been and will always be #TeamJohnAmbrose despite the fact that Lara Jean doesn’t deserve him so you won’t find any fawning over Peter K in this post. Alright. Let us begin.
- I love that Tree and Mr. Covey are also in Korea with the girls.
- Okay Korean food. Yum.
- Kitty coming in hot with the fart jokes and being perfect Kitty. For record, I completely agree with her that Lara Jean is being wildly over-dramatic about being apart from Peter for one week (eye roll).
- Okay Lara Jean reading P&P. Who reads like that? Literally sitting straight up.
- I do appreciate that Lara Jean really looks like she’s Facetiming Peter. A lot of times in movies they do a fake video call which you can tell is fake because there’s no tiny screen showing the person’s face as they’re making their call…does that even make sense?
- Lara Jean struggling with her identity in Korea really resonates with me. I have people coming up to me all the time thinking I can speak another language when I can’t.
- LARA JEAN IS SO EXTRA I CANNOT HANDLE HER FUTURE MONTAGE.
- Okay but actually the girls looking for their mom’s lock is actually going to make me cry (maybe because I’m full of postpartum hormones, but whatever).
- Kitty with a crush might be my new favorite Kitty though.
- Ah. I’d actually forgotten that the Coveys had been relocated to Oregon so this map was actually helpful.
- How did Peter get in their house. But his “Welcome Home” banner is super relatable.
- Why is Peter acting like it hurts to take off a facemask?
- John Corbett would have a real good disappointed face.
- Chris! My second favorite character in this movie!
- There are not words to describe how happy I am to have graduated high school before promposals really became a thing. Wait. Is this a prom movie.
- I don’t really know why Chris is asking Lara Jean what she thinks about prom. Obvi Lara Jean already has like five Pinterest boards about it.
- LARA JEAN DISSING ON OASIS IS NOT OKAY.
- Not a fan of this “Wannabe” remake especially after Lara Jean crapped all over 90’s music.
- Kitty, Chris, and Gogo are the voices of reason and Lara Jean needs to let them rub off on her at least a little bit.
- YOU ARE A MESS LARA JEAN.
- Classic texting the wrong person. And of course it will be impossible to tell the truth for some strange reason.
- NO PETER K NO.
- This whole situation would be so easy to resolve. Literally a ten second convo.
- Fastest pancakes ever.
- Tree is a better woman than me. I would NOT want to deal with someone else’s angsty teenage daughter.
- Tree is looking at Lara Jean like she’s crazy because SHE IS. JUST TELL THE TRUTH.
- Shouldn’t Kitty be in school too? Why isn’t Kitty in school?
- Kitty missing Lara Jean a 4 is also super relatable.
- I’m a fan of these animations.
- These school chaperones are incredibly irresponsible if they’re getting so drunk that they don’t notice a couple of students leaving the hotel.
- But those cupcakes do look REAL good.
- JUST TELL HIM LARA JEAN.
- From what I remember, Peter’s being a lot more understanding than he was in the book.
- Okay, Lucas is also a star. But also, Trevor presenting Chris with a Subway bouquet is perfect and amazing.
- Ah. So here’s the moment that Lara Jean falls in love with NYU.
- I’m glad that Gen is actually being nice to Lara Jean these days.
- But actually, how are they just taking off to go to a college party but they couldn’t switch tour groups?
- This is not like any college parties I went to…but I guess I didn’t go to college in NYC.
- Lara Jean going to NYU does not seem as meaningful as her falling in love with her mom’s alma mater.
- But stealing a pink couch does feel like classic college hijinks.
- Moody Peter K is the worst.
- Lawls at Lara Jean dumping out her suitcase onto the floor while Gogo is carefully folding her laundry.
- Lara Jean’s room is insane. Her closet is huge.
- How did Lara Jean get a bowling shirt with Peter’s name stitched on it so quickly?
- Cringe at Peter K kissing the bowling ball. So many germs *shudders*.
- Ah. What are the odds that Peter’s dad would be at the bowling alley too?
- Yes Kitty. A valid reason to break up with someone. (Also, her sassing her dad is perfect).
- JOHN CORBETT IS THE BEST DAD.
- I don’t understand how Lara Jean getting into Berkeley makes it easier for them to explore San Fran than if they were both going to Stanford…
- Just seeing the “Class of 2021” banners everywhere. Guess this is an alternate reality where COVID doesn’t exist. Wait…was this filmed before COVID?
- YOU CAN’T MAKE BIG LIFE DECISIONS BASED ON A BOY LARA JEAN
- Good callback on the shoes.
- What are Chris and Trevor talking about in the background?
- Mint chocolate cake…? Come on Mr. Covey.
- I don’t know that a public place was the best place to give Peter K the NYU news, but hey, at least she told him.
- Oh dang. Peter’s going to feel like Lara Jean isn’t choosing him.
- Took you long enough with that whipped cream, Joan.
- Lucas. What a guy. The best hype man.
- Ouch. Come on Kitty. Baseball is great!
- SHOTS FIRED, KITTY. Honestly, she’s totally right and Lara Jean needs to calm the heck down about this wedding that IS NOT HERS.
- I’d love for Chris to go out the window in her prom dress. She is an icon.
- What do we have to do to get a Chris/Trevor movie? 10/10 would watch.
- This seems so much fancier than my prom.
- How are none of these teens ruining their formal wear with this reckless dancing?
- Lara Jean is being SO DRAMATIC rn. She did not need to be a downer.
- Stop. Stop. Stop. So awkward. EVERYONE IS IN THE HOUSE.
- Lara Jean can’t pretend that what Peter’s saying is completely baseless here.
- Chris is the best friend and Lara Jean doesn’t deserve her.
- Ummm…did Chris just make a Community reference? Because if so, I love her even more.
- Kitty. Just always doing what she thinks is best for Lara Jean. (And book Kitty would not actually miss Lara Jean a 12. More like a 1.2).
- Joan has impeccable timing (except with that whipped cream earlier).
- I liked how Gogo’s boyfriend is just there with no introductions or explanations.
- I was going to say that I’m glad Lara Jean is letting herself enjoy the wedding instead of sulking in a corner but…there she is. In a corner. Sulking.
- What if John Ambrose was just in the tent? Because he’s perfect and wouldn’t care about Lara Jean going to NYU. He’d probably go with her tbh.
- Dang this montage from movies past is really doing Noah Centineo dirty. He looks so scrawny in the first movie!
- But also, Peter just pretending like he wasn’t in love with Gen for half of high school.
- STILL NOT A GOOD IDEA, GUYS. STILL PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE.
- Look at Lara Jean with her college girl haircut!
- Lara Jean, YOU ARE EXACTLY LIKE THOSE OTHER COUPLES.
- Okay, here’s the thing. Not all high school relationships last and THAT’S OKAY (not the end of the world).
Alright, so that’s over. Here’s the thing. The movie wasn’t bad or anything, but like I said at the beginning, I’ve always been all in for John Ambrose. However, I have created a fanfic in my head that I’m okay with: Kitty (the sassy queen that she is) grows up and goes to college. Her grad student TA happens to be John Ambrose. She remembers him from his Lara Jean days and they develop a friendship that turns into something more. Lara Jean is mad because John Ambrose is HERS (even though she’s like gaggingly happy with Peter K or whatever). But Kitty, (the sassy queen that she is) doesn’t care and dates John Ambrose anyway. They live happily ever after while Lara Jean seethes jealously in the background. The end.