Hey guys! Book tags are always so fun and I was tagged for this one by Jordyn so go on and give her post some love. I believe this tag originated from this post? But not 100%.
1. WHAT IS THE LONGEST AMOUNT OF TIME YOU CAN COMFORTABLY GO WITHOUT PICKING UP A BOOK?
It really varies. Right now…I haven’t really sat down to read in like a week. We did just move, though, so that’s why. Normally I try to read every day but if I’m especially busy, I don’t mind going a couple days without.
2. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU CARRY ON YOUR PERSON (OR KINDLE) AT ANY ONE TIME?
I always have my Kindle with me. ALWAYS. It’s one of those things that I make sure every purse is big enough to carry and it always makes the transition from my purse to diaper bag and back. My Kindle then has all of my eBooks on it so…dozens.
3. DO YOU KEEP EVERY BOOK YOU BUY/RECEIVE OR ARE YOU HAPPY TO PASS THEM ON TO MAKE SPACE FOR MORE?
I used to have a hard time getting rid of books, but between these last three moves, I’ve really started getting of anything I don’t think I’ll read again or think that I can get easily from the library. Now, I have the policy of deciding whether or not I would reread each book as I finish it. If not, it immediately goes in a pile to donate.
4. HOW LONG WOULD YOU SPEND IN A BOOKSHOP ON A STANDARD VISIT?
That’s so hard to say…I usually only go into a bookstore with an agenda. I don’t really browse much. Being so active in the book blogosphere and Goodreads, I’m not really looking for more things to read, you know? So…maybe like 10 minutes. It depends how long the line is.
5. HOW MUCH TIME PER DAY DO YOU ACTUALLY SPEND READING?
Again, this really varies. I just transitioned to being a full-time stay-at-home-mom so I think (hope) I’m going to have more time to read–I just have to figure out where it fits in. Before all of this though, I’d read for probably at least an hour every night. It depends how into a book I am. The more into a book I am, the more of a priority I make it.
6. WHERE DOES THE TASK ‘PICKING UP A BOOK’ APPEAR ON YOUR DAILY TO-DO LIST?
On my personal to-do list? High. On my household to-do list? At the bottom unfortunately. If my baby lets me, I’ll get some reading time.
7. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU RECKON YOU OWN IN TOTAL (INCLUDING EBOOKS)?
According to my Goodreads, I have 253. But I’m not sure how accurate that is. Like, I’m not sure if I’ve actually added all of the books I own to my Goodreads. Or taken off the ones that I donated for that matter…
8. APPROXIMATELY HOW OFTEN DO YOU BRING UP BOOKS IN CONVERSATION?
Sometimes. Especially if someone asks what I like to do, I usually mention reading. I do have a couple of friends who know that I’m passionate about reading and blogging and they’ll ask what I’m reading sometimes.
9. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST BOOK (PAGE COUNT) YOU HAVE FINISHED READING?
Maybe Winter by Marissa Meyer? That’s 827 pages.
10. IS THERE A BOOK YOU HAD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON AGAINST ALL ODDS (I.E., SEARCHING BOOKSHOPS, ONLINE DIGGING, ETC)?
It wasn’t too bad, but I asked for a copy of The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher for Christmas a couple of years ago, but it hadn’t been published in the US yet. So my husband ended up having to go on eBay to get me a copy (he’s a good one). So like I said, not too bad, but there were some hoops. Now it’s been published in the US so I should’ve just waited haha.
11. A BOOK YOU STRUGGLED TO FINISH BUT REFUSED TO DNF?
I currently have The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater on pause. I’ve heard awesome things about it, but haven’t been able to get very far into it. I just started it at a bad time. I have it on my Kindle and I try to only read one book on my Kindle at a time. Then shortly after I started it, I’ve had ARC after ARC coming up from NetGalley. So…it’s on pause. Not DNFed, just paused.
12. WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR MAIN BOOK GOALS FOR 2019?
I did make a post about this at the beginning of the year, but here are a few of my goals:
- Reread the Harry Potter books
- Read The Book Thief
- Read VE Schwab books (this is the only one I’ve semi-completed)
13. HAVE YOU EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF CONVERTING SOMEONE INTO A READER (MAYBE VIA INSPIRATION OR INCESSANT NAGGING)?
I’ve definitely inspired my husband to read a little more. He didn’t used to read for fun at all basically, but he’s gotten into a few different authors now and on rare nights, we’ll read in bed together.
14. DESCRIBE WHAT BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN FIVE WORDS
Only thing better–more reading
Steff @Reader Fox
Gemma @Book Beach Bunny
Priyasha @Books and Co
Melanie @Mel to the Any
Kristin @Kristin Kraves Books