Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Summer Reads Freebie
Summer used to be this great time when I didn’t have to go to school and I could just relax and read ALL THE TIME. But then I grew up and got a full-time job and now I don’t actually have any extra time to read during the Summer. Summer is now just like any other time of the year *sigh*. Can anyone relate to this???
Despite all of that, I still have some books that I’m hoping (fingers crossed!) to get to this Summer just to have an arbitrary deadline. Here are my top ten picks (links to Goodreads):
1) Once and For All by Sarah Dessen – My husband pre-ordered this one for my birthday and I’m SO EXCITED.
2) Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor – I picked this up a few weeks ago at B&N and I’ve only heard good things!
3) The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – I follow Mandy Moore on Insta and I guess this is being turned into a movie and she’s in it? So I’d like to read it sometime before the movie comes out.
4) Ash and Quill by Rachel Caine – I really love this series! I have the ARC on my Kindle right now and I can’t wait to dive into it!
5) Beastly Bones by William Ritter – I read the first one last year and have books two and three on my shelf, I just haven’t had time to continue the series even though I liked the first one.
6) The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag by Alan Bradley – Similar story as Beastly Bones–I have pretty much this whole series and LOVED the first book, I just need to keep going!
7) Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han – I liked the second book less than the first book, so I’m hoping this third one really does it for me (and has about ten times the Kitty).
8) Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – This was one of my most anticipated books, but I honestly kind of forgot about it. Hopefully I can still get to it this summer though!
9) A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman – My mother-in-law really loved this book and my mom is also reading it right now. I think it’ll be a nice departure from my norm.
10) Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab – I was just scanning my Goodreads to find a #10 and I didn’t realize how soon this book comes out! So pumped!