Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Read A Book
1) An ugly cover (because I’m superficial like that). Or even just…a cheap looking cover.
2) A vampire as the romantic lead. This guy is literally hundreds of years older than our main character? Creepy. Just creepy.
3) Bad reviews. Pretty self-explanatory.
4) A love triangle involving two brothers/cousins/whatever relation. There’s just no scenario where this is going to end well.
5) Science fiction. I like some science fiction, but for the most part I just get lost and confused.
6) The author. If there’s a certain author that I haven’t enjoyed in the past or I haven’t liked previous books in the series, then I probably won’t want to read any more from them.
7) An unlikable main character. If I don’t like the main character, I’m not going to like the book.
8) An immature main character. There have been times when a main character has made me roll my eyes repeatedly. Not an enjoyable experience.
9) An uninteresting plot. I’m very plot-driven as a reader so if I’m not interested in the plot, then I’m not going to pick up the book.
10) A ton of language or sexual content. I’m just not into that kind of thing.