Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want To Read A Book
1) Written by one of my auto-read authors: Sarah Dessen, Morgan Matson, Jennifer E Smith, Marissa Meyer, etc.
2) Pretty cover. Sometimes this doesn’t last past my reading the synopsis, but for at least a brief moment a pretty cover will make me covet a book like nothing else.
3) A good review from a blogger I trust.
4) Fairy tale retelling (I love them all).
5) Steampunk elements.
6) Celebrity romance trope. I don’t know why, but I just love these.
7) Features a road trip. Road trips are so fun and they’re even more fun when you’re not actually stuck in the car for 13 straight hours.
8) Also, any travel basically. I love exploring new places but don’t have the means to actually do it in person. That’s why books are so great!
9) Smart, female protagonists. I love reading books featuring girls who are smart and unapologetic but are also normal.
10) Strong female friendships. There’s nothing more powerful to me than a healthy relationship between two girls. They get each other and don’t start drama with each other over boys.