Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults
For this one, I’m just going to do one of the alternatives mentioned: YA characters you’ve read recently you wouldn’t mind revisiting in 10 years or so.
1) Basically any of Sarah Dessen‘s characters but especially Remy and Dexter. I love that Dessen will put character cameos in her books and I just want more of that.
2) Cath and Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. As I’ve said before, these characters just seem SO REAL and I would love to see what they’re doing in 10 years.
3) Paige and Max from The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. They’re so perfect together…I’d also just like to see where those four girls are at in ten years. They are true #squadgoals.
4) Eva and Annie (and Eva’s mom) from Kissing in America by Margo Rabb. The book ends in a really good place, but I feel like I still want a little more. I’d like to see where everyone is at.
5) Amy and Roger from Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. I love this book and these characters so much.
6) Clare and Aidan from Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E Smith. I guess the ending was resolved? But it really doesn’t feel like their relationship is at an end. There’s definitely more to their story.
7) Lara Jean from the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before duology by Jenny Han. *SPOILER FOR ANYONE WHO HASN’T READ THE SECOND ONE* I just hope within ten years Lara Jean has realized that Peter is a tool and that she really needs to be with John Ambrose. Except, she doesn’t really deserve John Ambrose either. What we really need is A BOOK ABOUT KITTY.
8) Cassie and Unnamed Boy from Whisper to Me by Nick Lake. I just finished reading this book, but it’s killing me that we don’t know whether or not he forgives her. GIVE ME CLOSURE!!!
9) All of the characters from The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. Okay, so this one’s more middle grade, but I’d be very interested to see how these kids are as adults.
10) The Harry Potter characters. I know we had that epilogue, but I’m more interested in the time in between. How does Harry (and the rest of the world for that matter) adjust after everything goes down? It seems like it would be really difficult to adjust back to normal life.
Bonus TV Show: The Parenthood grandkids. I really loved this show and was absolutely heartbroken when it ended. I would love to see where Jabaar and Sydney are in ten years (they’d be in college!) and I’d also like to see what Drew and Amber are doing. I appreciated that last little scene from the show, but it wasn’t enough!