Well…this is kind of an odd topic, but I’ll roll with it.
1) When you take off the book jacket and there’s a hidden gem on the hardcover (see the cover for Exit, Pursued by a Bear by E.K. Johnston). Then you have to go around showing everyone even though they don’t get it.
2) When you’re reading a fairy tale retelling and you can totally tell how the author is going to tie in this bit of the original fairy tale before it happens and it’s freaking awesome. Many exclamations were made to my husband over The Lunar Chronicles.
3) When you’re at the thrift store/library sale corner and you find a book you’ve been wanting really bad for CHEAP. Seriously, nothing like this feeling. It’s the best!
4) When you finally complete a series and see how pretty they look all together on your shelf. Such satisfaction.
5) When you open your mailbox and find book mail.
6) When you’re reading a book from one of your favorite authors and they include little Easter eggs just for readers like you. It’s like the author’s saying, “I know you’re there and I love you” and then gives you a big hug (HATE SPINNERBAIT).
7) When you know and they know and all the other characters know that the two main characters are going to get together, but they haven’t done it yet. There’s just a perfect sort of tension until they actually get together.
8) When you find someone who loves [insert book/author/series] as much as you do. Then you both proceed to gush and agree on everything.
9) When you recommend a book to someone and they love it as much as you do/hoped they would.
10) When you read a perfect quote (or entire book) and you think, “Yes, this is special” and it resonates throughout your whole being. Then you rush to find a pen/pencil/paper to write it down before you lose that feeling.