Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten Books That Will Make You Laugh (or at least chuckle)
1) Austenland by Shannon Hale – Some of the characters in this book are straight-up ridiculous. How can you not laugh at their antics?
2) Kissing in America by Margo Rabb – Overall, the goal of this book is not humor. But again, there are so many unique characters. This story about a cross-country roadtrip definitely earned a few chuckles from me at least.
3) Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen – This was really my first foray into the “memoir” genre (I read it for last year’s Popsugar challenge). I’m so glad I did! There were parts that literally made me laugh OUT LOUD. I even had to read a part to my husband because I thought it was so funny. This author has a great sense of humor and I’d be willing to read more by her.
4) To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before duology by Jenny Han – Even though this book is mostly serious, I think Kitty is basically one of the funniest characters I’ve ever read. She’s so sassy and I love her!
5) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – Amidst all the drama, Iko and Thorne both provide much needed comic relief. Their among some very serious, intense characters but they are wonderfully humorous.
6) Honey, Baby, Sweetheart by Deb Caletti – All I have to say is the “Casserole Queens”. When they’re breaking someone out of the resting home…oh gosh. One of the funniest scenes I’ve ever read.
7) Anything by Gail Carriger – First of all, I love steampunk. Her books almost read as satire at times. There’s just a really witty, sarcastic undercurrent of humor that runs throughout all of her books. Her contrarily spunky heroines only add to that. Also, Akeldama.
8) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – I love Reagan so much! She is definitely underrated as a character and has so many good one-liners.
9) How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer – The people that Zoe works with are so ridiculous that you cannot help but to laugh at them. Her boss especially–just too much.
10) When Parents Text by Lauren Kaelin and Sophia Fraioli – This book is hilarious. From auto-correct mistakes to miscommunications to just plain weird texts…this book has it all.