Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don’t Get
I don’t want to get too negative with this post or make anyone mad, so I’ll just be really brief with my picks here.
1) Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss. Cheated on his girlfriend.
2) Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door. Flaky and immature. Didn’t treat Cricket right.
3) Jules McCallister-Morgan from The New Guy (and Other Senior Year Distractions). Every smart girl stereotype that I hate is packed into this one character.
4) Charlotte Reynolds from On the Fence. I just felt like she was extremely unrealistic.
5) Tim Mason from The Boy Most Likely To. I had a hard time caring about him. Good scenes between him and Cal, but that’s about it.
6) Peter Kavinsky from P.S. I Still Love You. I really liked Peter in the first book, but then he went downhill in the second.
7) Princess Eadlyn from The Heir. Entitled and condescending. Initially unlikable though I have hopes for her in the next book.
8) Amy Gumm from Dorothy Must Die. Annoying and selfish.
9) Mare from Red Queen. Hi, don’t join a revolution unless you’re 100% sure you agree with their platform. kthxbai
10) Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty. Wishy-washy and immature.
If you think I should reconsider any of these characters, let me know! I would love to hear why you think they deserve a second chance.