Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: 10 songs I wish that were books
1) When the Day Met the Night by Panic at the Disco (this was during their non-! phase) – This would kind of be like a fairytale retelling. That same kind of tone/atmosphere at least.
2) Transylvania by McFly – Gothic castles and stormy nights. HEA not guaranteed.
3) Immortals by Fall Out Boy – I picture something The Reckoners-esque. Underdog superheroes.
4) Everybody’s Got Somebody But Me by Hunter Hayes (feat. Jason Mraz) – Fun contemporary romance.
5) Knights of Cydonia by Muse – Sci-Fi/Spacey. It would be good, just trust me.
6) Annie Use Your Telescope by Jack’s Mannequin – Maybe a story about a girl who’s lost her father but learns how to deal with her grief…or something like that.
7) Forever and Always by Parachute – Okay this song is basically a book already and it makes me cry every time. Nicholas Sparks is probably going to write this one eventually.
8) Lay Me Down by Dirty Heads – Bonnie and Clyde but modern.
9) Speak Now by Taylor Swift – I’ve always thought it was a shame that she never made an official music video for this one–it seems like it would really lend itself to that format. But oh well, let’s have a book of it.
10) Two Princes by Spin Doctors – This is a love triangle I can get behind.