Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten fictional families I’d like to celebrate Thanksgiving with
This is a fun topic! You’ll find that I use the term “family” in more of an abstract sense for some of these.
1) The Weasley family. Okay, so technically they wouldn’t even be celebrating this holiday, but can you imagine what Thanksgiving dinner would be like with this rowdy bunch? Such fun.
2) The Avery family (from Fangirl). Okay, really I just want to hang out with Cath and Levi (and maybe Wren). Their dad seems pretty cool too.
3) With Le Cirque des Reves (from The Night Circus). Not technically a family, but they might as well be. This would be the most magical Thanksgiving ever.
4) The Folchart family (from Inkheart). Obviously in this scenario Meggie and I are best friends and do everything together so of course we’d be having Thanksgiving together (with Dustfinger in attendance of course).
5) The Bennet family (from Pride and Prejudice). Another family that wouldn’t actually be celebrating Thanksgiving, but would be fun to dine with nonetheless.
6) The Garrett family (from My Life Next Door and The Boy Most Likely To). So much chaos, but also so much family and fun.
7) The royal family (from The Selection–or more precisely–The Heir). You just know you’re going to be eating some good food if you eat with these guys. As good as the main courses would be, I’d probably just go for the desserts.
8) Wish Catering (from The Truth About Forever). Everyone in this crew is so quirky but also really fun. I would LOVE to spend an evening with these folks!
9) The Covey family (from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before). You know they’re going to have some fun Korean dishes, but most of all–KITTY. Easily the best character in the book. Also, I’m sure Lara Jean will have made some yummy baked goods for dessert. Yum.
10) The Chatham family (from Saint Anything). I know, so typical of me to have two Sarah Dessen entries on my list. I can’t help it! The Chathams would be so fun and it would be awesome to just spend the night listening to some blue grass music.