Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Of Your Auto-buy Authors (no matter the genre or what it’s about…you’ll buy it from these authors!).
1) Sarah Dessen – I LOVE HER SO MUCH. She’s written a couple of books that I didn’t particularly care for, but overall I love how she writes and what she writes about.
2) Jennifer E Smith – She just writes cute contemporary romances that I can’t get enough of! I will seriously read anything written by my girl Jen E Smith.
3) Gail Carriger – One word. Steampunk. She does it so well! I love her spunky characters and that she keeps writing books set in the same world. I love catching up with characters!
4) Huntley Fitzpatrick – I’ve read both of her books and they were WINNERS. I’m super pumped for her latest release to finally be out!
5) Morgan Matson – Oh Morgan Matson…so many feels. I’ve read two of her books with plans to read her third. She’s so good at showing relationships. Between best friends, between romantic interests, between parent and child…whatever, you’ll get the feels.
6) Kasie West – I’ve read Pivot Point/Split Second as well as The Distance Between Us and loved both. They’re so different, but I liked the way she portrayed the lead female characters. I’m really excited to finally get going on her latest two YA contemporary romances!
7) Marissa Meyer – The Lunar Chronicles are GENIUS. I’m not sure how she’d be writing another series or a standalone, but I believe!
8) Suzanne Collins – I know she’s only written The Hunger Games, but I believe in her ability to build worlds and make us feel for characters.
9) Cassandra Clare – I’ll admit, I’m not big on the novellas she’s written (I haven’t actually read any, but I feel like every time I turn around she’s released another one). I love her full-length books though. Big fan.
10) Rainbow Rowell – I love how she creates such real characters! Definitely an author that I’m keeping an eye on.
Okay, so it looks like a lot of my auto-buy authors specialize in YA Contemporary Romance. What can I say? I just love the feels that I get from them.
Who do you auto-buy?