Okay, so I know I tend to go off-grid on the weekends, but I thought I’d do this fun book tag real quick (they don’t require as much brain energy as a review). I was tagged by Shawna @Bookish Reviews.
1) You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
This usually comes down to what’s currently available at the library and due dates. Rarely do I find myself reading a book that I already own because I can read that any old time whereas library books are like…this temporary thing? So I tend to prioritize those over the books that I own (bad habit, I know).
2) You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It really depends on the book. Some books I’m just like, “Um, no” and set it aside. With others, I might have hope until the very end that it’ll get better so I’ll try to stick with it.
3) The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I’d probably try to catch up by reading a little more than usual, but I wouldn’t want it to start feeling like a chore.
4) The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
This is seriously unfathomable to me…I would get all of the books in the series, but I would be very unhappy with whoever’s decision it was to change cover designs/concepts. If given the opportunity, I might rebuy some of the earlier books in the series to have a matching set (but this is only if I like the new cover design/concept better than the old one).
5) Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
My husband. Rarely do we read the same books, so I can just tell him why I don’t like a book and he’ll agree with me. He’s very well-trained.
6) You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I look to the ceiling and blink a few times to try to clear the tears. If that doesn’t work, I’ll subtly dab at the corners of my eyes. This has literally happened to me before.
7) A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
If it’s a series that I’m super excited about, then yes. A lot of times though, I might just feel lukewarm about it and I’ll just count on the author doing a nice little recap within the first chapter.
8) You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I don’t actually have this problem…seriously, no one asks me to borrow books.
9) Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
This doesn’t really happen to me. If it did, I’ve got a ton of books that I’ve bought and have been excited about reading…I’d probably just read one of those.
10) There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Honestly…probably none. I don’t like the idea of spending money on a book that I don’t end up liking or only sort of like (I’m poor, okay???) So I’d probably check it out from the library first, and then if I like it, it’ll go on a list of books I want to buy. I’ll get it eventually.
11) After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
For a LONG time. See my answer to question number one. Books that I own are just often not a priority to me.
So thanks for reading about my bookish habits! These are all serious #ReaderProblems that I just don’t think non-readers will understand. I tag anyone who wants to do it!