Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Ten Books I Think Make Great Beach Reads
In my mind the beach isn’t a place for serious reading and it isn’t a place for something scary either. It’s a place to read books that make you feel as warm on the inside as the sun and sand make you feel on the outside. When I think of beach reads I think of something light and fun and, yes, romantic. So that’s pretty much the underlying theme with the ten books I picked.
1) The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen – This is my all-time favorite Sarah Dessen book (but may soon be replaced by Saint Anything? Seriously. Loving that book.)
2) Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen – Yes, she made the list TWICE. Her books are just that great to me. I feel like this one is her beachiest book yet so definitely fits on the list.
3) Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – Summer, doing new things, meeting new people…
4) How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer – This book is about a girl who does an internship at a park similar to Disneyland. I loved the summery aspect of it while at the same time, it’s not your typical beach book.
5) This is What Happy Feels Like by Jennifer E Smith – I love all of her books and really, any of them could have made the list. I ended up choosing this one because I think it’s set on the coast so it has a tad more of a beachy feel than her other ones.
6) Catch a Falling Star by Kim Culbertson – This book may seem really similar to the one for #5, but they are different and I loved them both.
7) To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – Not a book set during the summer, but still light and fun.
8) Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park – Another book not set during the summer, but fun and romantic and a little bit more serious than some of my other choices.
9) What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick – This book was great and really made me want to find an island somewhere to live on.
10) The Distance Between Us by Kasie West – Again, just another fun and fluffy read.
Did any of you choose any of the same books? Did I miss any books that would fit with my list?