Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors.
Let me just add a quick disclaimer–this list is always changing but this would be my top ten list right now.
1) Jane Austen – Because duh. I have yet to read a book as witty and clever as some of Jane Austen’s (I even liked Emma).
2) Sarah Dessen – She’s an insta-read for me. Ever since I read This Lullaby, I’ve been hooked on her books. I feel like I can really relate to her characters and that’s something that I’ve come to enjoy.
3) Jennifer E Smith – Another insta-read, but a newer one. She just writes cute, fun books that have a lot of heart.
4) Cassandra Clare – Talk about world building. The Shadowhunter world that she has created is unbelievable. I honestly hope she keeps all of her books as part of this one world.
5) Gail Carriger – While not as witty or as clever as Jane Austen, Gail Carriger comes close. Her heroines are spunky and smart and don’t take “no” for an answer.
6) Suzanne Collins – The Hunger Games was brilliant and I’m really excited to see what she decides to do next.
7) Frank Beddor – Writer of The Looking Glass Wars. I don’t really hear people talking about him or his series ever, but of the several Alice and Wonderland retellings that I’ve read, his is my favorite. Give it a try (there are even some slight elements of steampunk which I LOVE).
8) Rainbow Rowell – Beautiful writing, real characters. Rainbow writes about people who don’t exist, but legitimately could.
9) Cornelia Funke – Who could forget the Inkheart series? Definitely due for a reread in my opinion. I loved these books.
10) J.K. Rowling – Another duh. Do I even need to explain?
This was a fun list to come up with. Who are your favorite authors? Do we have any matches?