Thank you to the 100 glorious people who saw fit to follow my blog! I’ve only been writing for about a month and it feels great to know that there are 100 people out there in the world who want to read about my bookish opinions besides my husband and my mom!
Sparklers for everyone! As a quick thank you, I’m going to spotlight my 100th follower:
November Rose @roundedbookends
Only a couple reviews up so far, but I love the WordPress theme! It’s very girly, fun, and most importantly clean looking. It even has a slightly modern edge to it which I love! The reviews include Genre, Setting (I love this!), Author, Recommended Ages, and of course a Rating.
I’m very much looking forward to reading more from this blogger so why don’t you guys head over and check them out!
I may not have enjoyed “The Miracle Girl” by Andrew Roe as much as I’d hoped I would, but the writing was definitely beautiful.
You leave a family once. But then you leave them every day after that, too. There is always the leaving. It never goes away.
– pg 37
Hello readers! April is just about a third of the way over. Crazy, huh? It feels like it just started! Especially when I look at my TBR list because let me tell you…I’m definitely NOT one third of the way through that sucker. As a refresher, here’s my TBR list for April:
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Born of Deception by Teri Brown
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
To the Rescue by Heidi S. Swinton
The 100 by Kass Morgan
The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
The Diviners by Libby Bray
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Paper Towns by John Green
Okay, so I just wanted to give you guys a quick update on what’s going on with my list:
- “Ready Player One” has already been read and reviewed.
- I’m currently reading “Ruin and Rising” and then I’ll be posting a review for the entire Grisha Trilogy.
- “Born of Deception” I physically checked out from the library, so that one will definitely get read along with “Anna and the French Kiss” and “The Diviners” which I checked out digitally.
- I’m waiting for my hold to be fulfilled on “Cinder”, but I’m definitely planning on reading that too (along with the rest of the series).
- “To the Rescue” I’ve definitely thrown out. It’s a pretty hefty biography and it’s not something that I can just read quickly or even while reading other books at the same time. It’s definitely one that will require attention and time.
- “Paper Towns” is on the fence along with “The 100” and “The Paper Magician”. Those are all books that I own so…they kind of have last priority at this point.
Lately I’ve been reading a lot of ARCs that I’ve requested from NetGalley. I just want to make sure that I review as many as I can before their publication dates and that’s something that’s been keeping me from hardcore attacking this list. I think once I get through the ones being published in April/the first week of May (three at this point) then I can really focus and attack my TBRs. We’ll see though. I’ll keep you guys posted.
How are your TBRs going so far? Are you further than you thought you’d be or behind like me?