Jay @The Wolf of Starbucks has very kindly nominated me for TWO awards. The first was the Versatile Blogger Award and then a renomination for the Creative Blogger Award! So I’ll list my seven facts for the VB Award and then five bonus facts for the renomination of the CB Award.
– Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
– Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
– Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
– Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
– Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
1) I love food. I like eating out and trying new flavors, I like watching cooking competitions, I like tasting yummy things…but I hate cooking. Not the actual cooking part, but I don’t like having to think about what to make and then how long it takes to actually do it and then cleaning up afterwards…not my favorite (but obviously I do it or else we’d starve).
2) If I had a million dollars, I would take myself and my husband on an MLB tour. We’d go see a game in all 30 stadiums. Maybe a whole series even. It’d be fun.
3) My husband and I are big believers in Dave Ramsey. He’s a finances guy who has his own podcast and has written a few books. He’s all about living debt free and investing in retirement and living like no one else today so that you can live like no one else later. Give him a listen if you’re unsure about how you’re doing financially (I was not paid to give this plug, we just really like Dave).
4) When I was little my grandma used to feed me cough drops like they were candy. They still seem like candy to me.
5) I don’t like Oreos. The cookie’s okay, but I think the cream is so gross.
6) My favorite dessert is pie. I LOVE pie. I always like to have birthday pies instead of birthday cakes. However, my husband does NOT like pie. He’s okay with cream-filled ones, but my favorite (peach or triple berry) he can’t stand. There’s something about baked fruit that he doesn’t like. So I can’t make pies anymore or else I’d be the only one eating it.
7) I participated in a program called Running Start in high school. It’s where you go to the local community college your Junior and/or Senior years of high school. You simultaneously get high school and college credit. My parents really liked this program because free college. But I know some people who don’t like because high school experience. Honestly, I don’t really feel like I missed out on anything.
1) I used to have a big thing for Converse shoes. I had like ten pairs. That was in high school and when I got to college I kind of got over it. I’m down to three pairs now.
2) I was born on Easter Sunday.
3) I did Pole Vault in high school. I regret not taking it more seriously. I wasn’t very good, but I think if I had practiced more/harder I could’ve been pretty good. I had a really good coach.
4) I have a BA in Economics which I don’t really plan on doing anything with. I chose the major because I liked some of the technical classes (Price Theory, Industrial Organization) and I liked some of the theory classes too (Economics of Education, Behavioral Economics). But the class that you actually would use in an Econ job (Econometrics) I hated and didn’t try as hard as I should have.
5) I went basically an entire year without reading. Freshman year of college. It was the worst! Then I got my Kindle and that changed EVERYTHING.
NOMINATIONS (for the Versatile Blogger Award):
Ann @Math, Books, and Hobbies
As I Lay Reading
Adventures of a Dublin Bookworm
Tabrizia @A Cup of Tea With That Book Please
Jessica @Novel Escapism
Leah @Leah Rose Reads
Once again, just trying to spread the love around and not nominate the same person twice. Just know my readers, I love ALL of you. Happy reading!