I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Emma over at SheReadsBooks. Her blog is definitely worth a look if you’re not already following her!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
1. I’m currently obsessed with button up shirts (so comfy!) and watches (classy and functional!)
2. I graduated in December with a BA in Economics, but I totally would have gone for Library Science if I’d known it was a thing coming out of high school. Alas, I did not.
3. But…I will be applying for grad school this summer and hope to get my Masters in Library Science.
4. I got married when I was (barely) 20. My husband’s name is Jack and he’s wonderful and lets me read as much as I want 🙂
5. My dad is 100% Chinese while my mom is half Panamanian and half White. This resulted in us kids having a variety of fun cultural experiences growing up.
6. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) and I LOVE to answer questions about my religion!
7. I work in HR right now, but my dream is to become a librarian (I know, dream big right?)
8. I love baseball (thanks to my husband). Favorite Teams: Seattle Mariners, Oakland Athletics, San Francisco Giants
9. I grew up in the Seattle area (thus my affinity towards the Mariners), but I don’t like the Seahawks.
10. I’m the only one in my immediate family (parents and two siblings) who did not choose to attend the University of Washington for college. Instead, I decided to head on down to Utah to go to BYU.
11. I used to be in Elementary Advanced Placement classes. This made me think I was special until I got to junior high and realized that kids from the normal classes could get into honors classes too (and get better grades than me).
1. Who are your top 3 favourite authors?
Right now…Sarah Dessen (reminds me of high school), Jennifer E Smith (instaread), and Jane Austen (so classic).
2. What character would you like to have as your Best Friend or Side Kick?
Cath from Fangirl. She’s so normal and fun and a little insecure, but overall just awesome!
3. If you could meet any actor that played a character from a book/s, who would it be?
Emma Watson. She just seems fiery and like an interesting person.
4. If you could choose one author to write the story of your life, who would it be?
Jane Austen. She would definitely make me wittier than I actually am.
5. What was your least favourite book ever?
Oh gosh…basically anything from Sophomore English. One that immediately comes to mind is O Pioneers! by Willa Cather. I’d probably appreciate it now (maybe) but at the time I was bored out of my mind.
6. What is one book that you love, but everyone else on the planet hates?
Lord of the Flies, also from Sophomore English. I don’t think a ton of people hate this book (it is a classic after all), but I don’t think a lot of people like it because it’s not very happy…and at times disturbing.
8. If you got to play a YA book character in a movie or TV series, who would it be?
Maybe Lara Jean Song from To All the Boys That I’ve Loved Before…there aren’t very many YA books centered around Asian girls (that I’ve read at least).
9. What was the shortest time it took you to read a book?
A few hours. I can generally read a 300 page book in 3-4 hours if I’m really into it and there are no interruptions.
10. Which book do you believe should receive more hype?
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. I thought this book was so great! It’s a fascinating world with interesting characters, but I feel like I rarely see anyone talking about it!
I am nominating…
Rachael at Awake and Reading
Jessica at Novel Infatuatus
Anjie at Love Thy Shelf
Erika at Erika the Bibliophile
Once Upon a Bookshelf
BookwurmGirl7 at A Girl With a Book in Her Hands
Check them out everyone! (Sorry, I could only come up with eight!)
1. What book do you wish people would just stop talking about?
2. What author (living or dead) do you wish you could meet?
3. If you could only read one series for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Excluding Harry Potter)
4. What is your reading pet peeve? (Something authors do that you hate)
5. What book reminds you the most of your childhood?
6. If you could live in any book world, what would it be? (Again, excluding Harry Potter)
7. What book would you recommend to a non-reader?
8. What book-to-movie (or TV) was the greatest disappointment for you?
9. What was the last book to make you cry?
10. Where is your favorite reading spot?
11. What do you love most about reading?